Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Project Nights - Part 2

Here is a follow up on my last post with a few suggestions for doing a Project Party.

When you are planning a project night, make sure you cover all your costs in the projects... so if you're planning on serving refreshments, include a little extra in the project price to cover your expense. Everyone is different as far as what they charge for the projects. I usually just charge the retail price for what I need to purchase from UL, and then I give them 10% off any order they want to place that night as an extra incentive. If I need to order any UL paint, Mistik, vinyl effects or other accessories that I use as supplies, I just figure in the amount at my cost (I don't make anything on these items.) Also, it is good to have an order form for your guests to complete when they RSVP for the event. Include the prices for each item, and they will fill in quantity, color (if you are offering them a choice) and total cost. Then always collect the money BEFORE the event!! If someone can't make it to the event, I try to provide a package of their supplies and instructions so they can complete the project at home. I'm going to post a sample flyer/registration form that one of our team members has done. Thank you to RaeAnn Collins for creating this flyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment